European Society for Medical Oncology is the leading professional organisation for medical oncology, with the overarching goal of improving outcomes for cancer patients everywhere. We are the society of reference for oncology education and information, and are committed to supporting our members to develop and advance in a fast-evolving professional environment.
Founded in 1975, ESMO has European roots with a global reach: we welcome oncology professionals from around the world. We are a home for all oncology stakeholders, connecting professionals with diverse expertise and experience, and speaking with one voice for our discipline. Our education and information resources support an integrated multi-professional approach to cancer care, from a medical oncology perspective. We seek to erase boundaries in cancer care, whether between countries or specialities, and pursue our mission across oncology, worldwide.
The ESMO community brings together more than 13,000 oncology professionals from over 130 countries. Drawing on 40 years of experience and about 500 expert committee members, ESMO serves its members and the oncology community through:
- Post-graduate oncology education and training
- Career development and leadership training for the next generations of oncologists
- International congresses and workshops to share expertise and best practice, learn about the most up-to-date scientific research, and connect with colleagues in related disciplines
- Continuously reviewed, evidence-based standards for cancer care in Europe
- Advocacy and consultation to foster a favourable environment for scientific research
Cancer care is rapidly becoming more integrated and more specialised; whether their field is research, diagnosis, treatment, care, or advocacy, oncology professionals need to both build their specialist knowledge and connect with the best practitioners in other disciplines worldwide. ESMO membership makes this possible.
Please visit www.esmo.org to learn more. Across Oncology. Worldwide.